Please do not judge me too harshly with the order I am getting things together. While I have support from most of my family and friends, there are some that think I have “lost my mind”. So I need to start with things I can justify needing now.
After a power outage last year during a blizzard, I am aware that when you live in an all electric home some things are no longer crazy to have. Hence I decided I would start with things useful to me now, then I have things to move into the van. A starting point if you will.
- Camp stove. One burner will be fine until I can upgrade financially.
- sleeping bag. I have blankets as well, so good start
- cooking utensils. Very basic as I don’t do a lot of cooking
- porta potty. While we did not loose water last year, we might next time.
- Peculator. Have to learn how to use, but coffee is a necessity. Doubles as a tea pot and takes up less room.
After sitting and talking to my sister, it is evident the portable butane heater would be a wise investment now. We have a fireplace, but a backup heat plan would be wise.
Best thing I can do now is continue paying off bills, garage sales to lessen the amount of “stuff” I have, and stay positively focused on getting the van so I have time to do the necessary conversions.